Stroke Symptoms :
FOR INSTANT RECOGNITION OF STROKE, GO FAST FOR
F — means Facial Deviation
A — Arm means low drooping of out stretched hands in front
S — Speech means difficulty to speak or comprehend Speech
T — Time is brain. Time lost is Brain Lost. So immediately ask for ambulance for hospitalization
This FAST Test is very important for Ischemic Stroke requiring Thrombolysis within 4.5 hours of onset.
These are of SUDDEN onset and comprises of
- Weakness of one side or parts of one side of the body
- Difficulty in talking or comprehending e Lack of communication
- Difficulty to see on one side or diplopia
- Difficulty in walking with or without vertigo or dizziness, or lack of balance
- Intense Headache (not previously experienced), vomiting, impaired or loss of consciousness, convulsion etc (these features are usually seen in Hemorrhagic Stroke.
Ask the person to Smile.Is one side of the face Drooping?
Ask the person to raise thier Arms?Is one arm weak?
Ask the person to speak.Is Speech Slurred?
TIME TO CALL
Time to call the Ambulance.